Gombe State Government Commences Implementation Of New Minimum Wage

Top News
Typography

Following a meeting between the Gombe State Government and organized labour in the State, an agreement has been reached by both parties for the implementation of the adjustments of the new thirty thousand naira minimum wage which will be captured in the February 2020 salaries.

The agreement came after a series of negotiations between the government team led by the State deputy governor, Dr Mannassah Daniel Jatau, the organized labour and the Joint Negotiation Council (JNC). according to the agreement which was signed in the office of the deputy governor, the new minimum wage of N30, 000 will be paid to civil servants, including those in the Local Government Area and Local Education Authorities (LEA).

The effective date of the implementation of the new national minimum wage shall be 18th April 2019 notionally while its financing will be effected from 1st January 2029. more also, 65 per cent on the increase of CONHESS and CONMESS will be implemented in the State civil service and the remaining 35 per cent will be considered during the review between the period of 6 and 12 months from the effective date of implementation.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS