Sources revealed that refugees and migrants have been released from the detention centre that was bombed in Tajoura, last week by Libyan authorities, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) says.
In a statement, the UNHCR in Libya says the authorities have allowed more than 310 refugees and migrants to be moved.
The UNHCR said it hopes that 260 of the group, who were moved on Tuesday, will eventually be given a place in an open centre where they are free to move.
The agency has also identified 55 of the “most vulnerable refugees” who will be taken on Wednesday to what it calls a departure facility before they are transferred to a third country. (NAN)