BREAKING NEWS

Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex, Sues UK Tabloid Over Misuse Of Private Information

Europe News
Typography

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have sued British Newspaper, the Mail on Sunday over alleged misuse of private information, infringement of copyright and breach of data protection laws.

 

The couples alleged that the British tabloid press was waging a campaign against Meghan that resembles the treatment meted out to his mother, Princess Diana, who died in 1997.

 

Prince Harry has accused the Mail on Sunday of selectively editing a letter to publish false and derogatory stories about her, a claim that the Mail on Sunday denies.

 

In an emotional defence to his wife, Harry wrote on his website "Unfortunately, my wife has become one of the latest victims of a British tabloid press that wages campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences, a ruthless campaign that has escalated over the past year, throughout her pregnancy and while raising our newborn son."

 

Meanwhile, Law firm Schillings, which is representing the Duchess, said legal proceedings had been initiated against the Mail on Sunday, and its parent company Associated Newspapers.

 

In response, the Mail on Sunday said: "The Mail on Sunday stands by the story it published and will be defending this case vigorously. Specifically, we categorically deny that the Duchess's letter was edited in any way that changed its meaning."

 

In addition, Harry said that he and his wife believed in "objective, truthful reporting" and that they regarded the freedom of the media as a "cornerstone of democracy." But he felt some reporting about his wife was "bullying" and that he feared "history repeating itself."

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS